Frenzy Day Out


One cold Saturday afternoon chilling in the house . I had woken up at around 10am since I was pretty much excited. Guess what ? This might sound embarrassing but well here I go. I was going to watch my first rugby match. Yikes! I finally said it. I have always had this mentality that watching a rugby game may sound boring since you don't know what is really happening(well for those who have never been to one). So,I decided this weekend why not give it a try.

It took me a while to prepare since I didn't really know what to wear. I noticed most people wear jeans or shorts or dresses but me being me I decided to wear a crop top, a black stretchy pant , boots and a yellow jumper.

Fast forward, we took a matatu at railways by 2pm but due to traffic along Ngong road we got there by 3.


Harlequins was the team I had come to support despite me knowing nothing much about how they have been performing for the past matches. By the time we had settled there was already an on going match Impala vs Kabras but we only got to watch towards the end


Rugby can be difficult for new viewers to understand. You'll often hear first-time spectators saying things like, ''its really fast... and it looks it must be fun to play ... but i quite cant follow whats happening and why?"

So i am there seated wondering okay what's going on,like guys were their shouting,some were infuriated,others were just throwing words at each other. That's when I decided to ask.Well he explained to me but to be honest if you ask some stuff now I wouldn't remember the terms used but at least i understood. The game finally came to an end with Impala winning.

I was eagerly waiting for the next match to begin (Harlequins Vs Impala)while taking a late lunch. I was too exhilarated after watching the first game and realized I have been missing on a lot of fun.

Cheers could be heard from all corners of the pitch as the game began. My expectations were high. In between I lost hope in my team. There were so many chances that went to waste. Impala was taking the lead. It was quite intense because the game was tough and rough. At some point I was  sympathizing with the players whenever they were knocked out.




My team lost when the match came to an end. I was a bit disappointed but jovial at the same time. We could have easily won but there were so many errors since the game was tight.

If i was asked to use one term to describe what it felt like watching a rugby game for the first time i would say 'SPLENDID'


I extremely enjoyed myself. There's always a first time for everything and i am looking forward to watching more games.


Comments